- Salary 550000
- Maintain a focus on high student achievement, modeling excellent instruction, and supporting your colleagues.
- Accurately develop and clearly document curricula, lesson plans and assessments.
- Proactively build a healthy school culture that supports students’ academic, extra-curricular, cultural and socio/emotional needs and values all staff members, students, families, visitors and supporters.
- Contribute to setting departmental goals and enhancing coordination across the curriculum.
- Ensure that all students make appropriate progress in learning in a safe and positive learning atmosphere.
- Promote a vibrant extracurricular environment.
- Ensure an effective advisory program.
- Ensure that disciplinary guidelines are fairly and consistently applied.
- Provide for transparent, constructive and ongoing evaluation of self and peers.
- Communicate with students, teachers and parents about student progress.
- Work in partnership with the leadership and instructional team to achieve school objectives.
- Serve and lead committees as required.
- You have experience teaching humanities, social studies, history, and/or current affairs.
- You have experience leading or managing student leadership initiatives or projects within your school or surrounding community.
- Mastery of the English language (reading, writing, speaking) is required. Proficiency in Hindi and/or Marathi (or a willingness to learn) is a plus.
- Experience using differentiated instructional practices; able to teach students of mixed abilities through differentiated and personalized approaches.
- Experience teaching in a student-centered classroom environment.
- Experience of participating in teams comprised of individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural, and national backgrounds.
- Experience using data to drive instruction.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills.
- You think creatively to identify solutions.
- You are extremely driven, flexible with your working hours.
- You embody the very type of leader the Academy aspires to create—you are an agent of positive change, and live up to our values of Integrity, Reflection, Empathy, Excellence, Diversity, Fortitude, and Optimism.
- You believe wholeheartedly in the mission and vision of Avasara Academy.
You are a highly reflective practitioner.
How To Apply
Email email@example.com with a CV or resume and cover letter detailing your experience and interest in the position